Thursday, July 30, 2009

Who is the best free nationwide “headhunter” in the USA?

I am a “Test Engineer” and a “Software Developer”. My salary is also in between. I have only an associate’s degree in Electronics + Misc. Classes that I have taken over the last 10 years. I have been working as a “Test Engineer” for 9 years. Most of my work has been writing test software. Much of the code has been written in embedded C, and assembly. But I also program in Visual Basic 6, C++ 6.0, and a little in Visual Basic.Net, and Corellis.





My problem is, my title is “Test Application Engineer”. This title does not exist anywhere. Most firms hire “Test Engineers” or “Software Developers”. A test engineer makes about 40K, and a “Software Developer” makes 70K+. I make 66K.





I am willing to move. My beautiful girlfriend has a job that she can do most anywhere in the USA.





Any suggestions?

Who is the best free nationwide “headhunter” in the USA?
Monster.Com


HotJobs.com
Reply:Craigslist Jobs section.. (be ware of hh placed ads), another avenue is to specific jobs is to find site(s) that cater to your work specialty.





For Example in NY , there's a NYPHP developers group they place ads for PHP job openings all the time.. see if you can find a board or site that caters to your work specialty.


No comments:

Post a Comment