Monday, July 27, 2009

How I can make an .exe file from .net windows application?

I have developed a C# .net Windows Application in Visual studio and I am trying to make an Executable file for the same. I need to create an .exe file for the application such that if I use the exe file in any system I should be able to run it. If anyone know how to create an executable file for C# windows application Please do reply. Thank you.

How I can make an .exe file from .net windows application?
Execute the Build command. It will generate an .exe, most likely in the \bin\Debug folder of your project.
Reply:Bigtalltom is absolutely right. You just build it and find the exe in the "bin"(whichc stands for binary) directory. Now to let your know, programming in .net is much different then any previous versions of visiual studios. I mean that it first of all limits your exe's to microsoft only and to operrating system versions that can install the dotnetframework. If a computer doesn't have this framework the program won't run. The programs you write are not standalone. The reference a whole whack of dll files in your windows direcory. So be careful in your assumption that .net will work everywhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment